Construction of the Lear Facility: Status Report
The construction of LEAR has now entered into its decisive phase. In this talk I will try to recall the main features of this (small but beautiful) appendix to the large antiproton complex and then give the present status and the expected advancement of the assembly and the running-in. We shall conclude that with some luck, with the hard work of the LEAR team and with the active help of almost all groups and services of PS Division, we shall be able in about one year from now to supply you with antiprotons for the start of the unique physics programme which will be discussed during most of this week.
KeywordsStraight Section Parasitic Mode Beam Performance Stochastic Cool Electron Cool System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Jones, The CERN p complex and present status and future developments of the Antiproton Accumulator, This Conference.Google Scholar
- 2.D.J. Simon, The LEAR experimental areas, This Conference.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Cappi, R. Giannini and W. Hardt, Ultraslow extraction (status report), This Conference.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Kohl, Phase-space cooling techniques and their combination, This Conference.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Haseroth, C. Hill, L. Hütten, H. Poth and A. Wolf, The electron cooling device for LEAR, This Conference.Google Scholar