Spectrographic Determination of Rhenium in Molybdenite with the DC Arc
Rhenium in molybdenite can be determined spectrographically with DC arc excitation only by preliminary chemical concentration of the rhenium. The following procedure produced satisfactory results. After grinding, the molybdenite sample was put in solution by treatment with HNO3 followed by evaporation just to dryness. Five milliliters HCl (0.1 M) was added, the solution was filtered, and then excess NH4OH added. The solution was filtered again and evaporated to approximately 2 ml.
KeywordsChromium Cobalt Manganese Uranium Vanadium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.J. Rodden, editor. Analytical Chemistry of the Manhattan Project, McGraw- HiU Book Co., New York (1950).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Borovik and N. M. Gudris, Examination of the Extreme Lines of Rhenium in the Presence of Large Quantities of Molybdenum, J. Appl. Chem. U.S.S.R. 9:937 (1936).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Emanuelli, The Behavior of Molybdates and Perrhenates in Ion Exchange Resins, Anal. fac. quim, Y form, Univ. Chile 10:113 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.W. Geilman and F. Weibke, Separation of Molybdenum and Rhenium by Distillations, Z. anorg. allgem. Chem. 199:120 (1931).Google Scholar
- 10.G.R. Harrison, Report A-1031, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (April, 1944).Google Scholar
- 11.C. F. Hiskey and V.W. Meloche, Determination of Rhenium in Molybdenite Minerals, Anal. Chem. 12:503 (1940).Google Scholar
- 15.O. Mikhailova, S. Pevzner, and N. Archepiva, Separations of Molybdenum and Rhenium, Z. anal. Chem. 91:25 (1932).Google Scholar
- Spectrographic Determination of RheniumGoogle Scholar
- 17.C.L. Waring, H.W. Worthington, and A.D. Weeks, Microspectrochemical Analysis of Minerals, Am. Mineralog. 46:1177 (1961).Google Scholar
- 19.A.F. Williams, Report BR-389, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (March, 1944).Google Scholar