Far Ultraviolet Analysis of Steroids and other Biologically Active Substances
Representative steroids, barbiturates, amino acids, and model compounds were studied in the far ultraviolet region to 170 mμ. The absorption of pertinent chromophores is discussed with regard to analytical usefulness. Of these, isolated double bonds and monoaromatic rings offer the most promise. The problems associated with this region are also considered.
KeywordsEthylenic Group Ultraviolet Absorption Ultraviolet Region Butyl Ether Biologically Active Substance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P. Bladon, H.B. Henbest, and G. W. Wood, J. Chem. Soc. (1952) 2737.Google Scholar
- 5.D.w. Turner, J. Chem. Soc. (1959) 30.Google Scholar
- 6.P.S. Ellington and G.D. Meakins. J. Chem. Soc. (1960) 697.Google Scholar
- 8.L.J. Saidel, A.R. Goldfarb, and S. Waldman, J. Biol. Chem. 197, 285 (1952).Google Scholar
- 9.M. P. Tombs, F. Souter, and N. F. Maclogen, Biochem. J. 73, 167 (1959)Google Scholar