Influence of the Nature of the Chemical Bond on the Structure of Ternary Compounds of the Type AII BIVC2V
An explanation for the absence of ternary antimonides of the type AIIBIVC 2 V was sought in terms of the chemical interaction and polarization of the bonds. It was shown that the compound ZnSnSb2 could exist and it was then obtained experimentally. The formation of a tetrahedral structure in ternary compounds was considered from the point of view of the sums of the covalent radii and the polarization of the bonds. The existence of a series of as yet unknown ternary compounds with tetrahedral structure is predicted.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. A. Goryunova, A. V. Voitsekhovskii, and V. D. Prochukhan, Vestnik Leningrad. Gos. Univ., Fiz. Khim., No. 10, p. 156 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Goryunova and V. D. Prochukhan, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 2: 176 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.O. G. Folberth, Z. Naturforsch., 14a: 94 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Goryunova, in: Investigations of Semiconductors [in Russian], Izd. Kartya Moldovenyaské, Kishinev (1968), p. 3.Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. Nekrasov, Course of General Chemistry [in Russian], Goskhimizdat (1952); German translation: B. V. Nekrasow, Lehrgang der anorganischen und allgemeinen Chemie, Verlag Technik, Berlin (1956).Google Scholar
- 10.L. S. Palatnik, V. M. Koshkin, and L. P. Gal’chinetskii, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 4: 2365 (1962).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Vaipolin, É. O. Osmanov, and D. N. Tret’yakov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater., 3: 260 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Dudkin and A. P. Ostranitsa, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 124: 94 (1959).Google Scholar