Anomalous Behaviour of Cerium in RMg3 and RInAg2 Compounds
We have studied light rare earth intermetallic compounds RMg3 (D03 structure) and RInAg2 (Heussler-type L21 structure), in order to compare the behaviour of cerium to that of “normal” rare earths in these compounds. Some anomalous properties are observed, which will be explained by the occurrence of a Kondo effect in CeMg3 and CeInAg2.
KeywordsAnomalous Property Crystal Field Parameter Kondo Effect Cerium Compound Vleck Paramagnet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Pierre, A.P. Murani and R.M. Galera, J. Phys. F 11, 679 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.R.M. Galera, A.P. Murani and J. Pierre, J.M.M.M. 23, 317 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.R.M. Galera, J. Pierre and J. Pannetier, submitted to J. Phys. F.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Loewenhaupt and E. Holland-Moritz, J. Appl. Phys. 50,7456 (1979) and J.M.M.M. 14, 227 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Pierre and A.P. Murani in “Crystalline Electric Field and Structural Effects in f-Electron Systems; J.E. Crow, R.P. Guertin and T.W. Mihalisin eds, Plenum Press (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Aarts, F.R. de Boer, S. Horn, F. Steglich and D. Meschede, P. 301 in “Valence Fluctuations in Solids; L.M. Falicov et al, eds, North Holland Publishing Co (1981).Google Scholar