Comparative Studies on Rat Brain Soluble Acetylcholinesterase and Its Molecular Forms during Intoxication by DFP and Paraoxon
Previous reports from this laboratory (9) showed a differential recovery of various forms of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) of the rat brain after poisoning by DFP, the recovery being particularly rapid for medium molecular weight forms, and the phenomenon markedly pronounced in the striatum (8). It is well known that DFP and paraoxon cause substantially the same symptoms in the early phase of poisoning although differing in their chemical structure, which determines the type of phosphorylated AChE formed (diisopropyl- and diethylphos-phoryl-, respectively) and the rate of subsequent recovery in vivo and in vitro (for references see 1,4,7,12).
KeywordsMolecular Form Molecular Weight Form Brain AChE Acetylthiocholine Iodide High Molecular Weight Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bignami, G., Rosic, N., Michalek, H., Milosevic, M. and Gatti, G.L. (1975): IN Behavioral Toxicology (eds) B. Weiss and V.G. Laties, Plenum Press, New York, pp. 155–215.Google Scholar
- 2.Bisso, G.M., Nemesio, R. and Michalek, H. (1980): IN A Multi-disciplinary Approach to Brain Development (eds) C. Di Benedetta, R. Balazs, G. Gombos and G. Porcellati, Elsevier-North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp. 235–236.Google Scholar
- 4.Cohen, J.A. and Oosterbaan, R.A. (1963): IN Handbuch der Experimentellen Pharmakologie, Vol. 15 (ed) G.B. Koelle, Springer, Berlin, pp. 299–373.Google Scholar
- 6.Ellman, G.L., Courtney, K.D., Andres, V. Jr. and Featherstone, R.M. (1961): Biochem. Pharmacol. 788–95.Google Scholar
- 8.Meneguz, A., Bisso, G.M. and Michalek, H. (1981): Clin. Toxicol. (in press).Google Scholar
- 9.Michalek, H., Meneguz, A., Bisso, G.M., Carro-Ciampi, G., Gatti, G.L. and Bignami, G. (1979): IN Advances in Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Vol. 9 (ed) Y. Cohen, Pergamon Press, Oxford, pp. 187–201.Google Scholar
- 10.Niemierko, S. and Skangiel-Kramska, J. (1976): Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci. (Biol) 24:445–448.Google Scholar
- 12.Usdin, E. (1970): IN Anticholinesterase Agents (ed) A.G. Karczmar, Pergamon Press, Oxford, pp. 47–354.Google Scholar