Improved Methods for Liquid Scintillation Assay of (A) C14-Compounds on Paper Chromatograms and (B) C14-Protein
Assay of C14-labeled compounds isolated from metabolic experiments has been greatly aided by the high counting efficiency of liquid scintillation spectrometers and the ease of preparing samples for such assay. Difficulties arise, however, in liquid scintillation assay of (A) compounds isolated on paper chromatograms and (B) protein, because it is not easily soluble in most scintillation mixtures. The present report deals with improved methods for liquid scintillation assay of C14-compounds isolated by paper chromatography and of C14-labeled protein.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Jeffay, H., in Rothchild, S. (editor), Advances in Tracer Methodology, Vol. 1, Plenum Press, New York, 1963, p. 131.Google Scholar
- 9.Van Slyke, D. D., Dillion, R. T., MacFadyen, D.A., and Hamilton, P. B., J. Biol. Chem. 141: 627 (1941).Google Scholar
- 11.Toennies, G. J., J. Biol. Chem. 145: 667 (1942).Google Scholar
- 12.Gornall, A.G., Bardawill, C. J., and David, M. M., J. Biol. Chem. 177: 51 (1949).Google Scholar
- 13.Warburg, O., and Christian, W., Biochem. Z. 310: 384 (1941).Google Scholar