The Radiation-Induced Addition of Tritium to Unsaturated Systems
The importance of the Wilzbach gas exposure technique for the tritium labeling of a wide variety of organic and biological compounds is well established. When the compounds being irradiated by this method contain an unsaturated carbon linkage, one of the more important side reactions is the addition of tritium. In some cases, which will be discussed later, this can be used to advantage. However, for most applications it would be desirable to prevent the addition of tritium to unsaturated systems.
KeywordsElectron Spin Resonance Methyl Linoleate Methyl Stearate Tritium Label Unsaturated System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Dutton, Jones, Mason, and Nystrom. Chem. and Ind. (London) 1176 (1958).Google Scholar
- (2).Dutton and Nystrom. This volume, p. 18.Google Scholar
- (5).Nystrom and Rajan. Chem. and Ind. (London) 1165 (1961).Google Scholar
- (8).Nystrom and Rajan. Unpublished results.Google Scholar
- (9).Dutton, Jones, Davison, and Nystrom. 140th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Chicago, Illinois, September 3–8, 1961.Google Scholar