The Microhardness of Transition-Metal Carbides
The results of investigating the microhardness of carbides of some of the transition metals are reported, and the hardness variations are discussed in relation to the electron structure of the metal atoms. The effect of the conditions of measurement on the microhardness number is noted, and conditions for carrying out the measurements are recommended.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. P. Arbuzov and B. V. Khaenko, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 4, 74 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Samsonov, V. S. Neshpor, and L.N. Khrenova, Fiz. Metal. i Metalloved., 8:622 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Samsonov, A.A. Ivan’ko, and E.N. Chupakhina, Fiz. Khim. Mekhan. Met., 2:152 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Samsonov and Ya. S. Umanskii, Hard Compounds of Refractory Metals [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Trefilov, in: The Physical Nature of Brittle Fracture in Metals [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1965).Google Scholar