Thermal Coefficient of the Electrical Resistivity of Carbides and Their Solid Solutions
In order to discover materials with a very low temperature coefficient of the electrical resistivity, a study has been made of the temperature dependence of the electrical resistivity of carbides of the transition metals of groups IV to VI, of the carbides TiC, ZrC, and NbC in their homogeneity ranges, and of the complex carbides of the systems ZrC-WC and VC-WC. It is shown that the coefficient diminishes with increase in the proportion of covalent bonding in the Me-Me bond in the compounds investigated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.N. Denbnovetskaya, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 3, 32 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Simon, Electrons and Phonons [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.M. I. Korsunskii and Ya. E. Genkin, Dokl. Akad.Nauk SSSR, 142:1276 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Ya. Kuchma and G. V. Samsonov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mat., 2:1970 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. B. Paderno et al., Poroshkovaya Met., No. 2, 60 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Reznitskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mat., 2:1966 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Samsonov and V. S. Sinei’nikova, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 4, 59 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.G. V. Samsonov and Ya. S. Umanskii, Hard Compounds of Refractory Metals [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.G. V. Samsonov, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 12, 49 (1966).Google Scholar