Computer Synthesized Pictures for the Architect and in Scenography
This report illustrates some considerations on the conception and development of a new visual communication-oriented picture synthesizing system. Particular stress is laid on depth synthesis problems based on Leonardo’s definition of perspective and on the role played by the shadows and the illumination model. The prototype affords a manifold understanding of space through a system of simultaneous frames provided with a style attribute. The frame definition as the evolution of the window/ viewport relationship is also discussed. Finally, some considerations on the architectonic space conception and on television scenography are expounded.
KeywordsComputer Graphic Architectural Design Graphic System Wire Frame Illumination Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Phong-Bui-tion, “Illumination for Computer Generated Pictures”, Comm. ACM, 1975Google Scholar
- 2.T. Whitted, “Processing Requirements for Hidden Surface Elimination and Realistic Shading”, Digest of papers, COMPCON ‘82Google Scholar
- 3.J.F. Blinn, “Models of Light Reflection for Computer Synthesized Pictures”,Computer Graphics, v. 11,n. 2, 1977Google Scholar
- 4.L.R.Cook,K.E.Torrance, “A Reflectance Model for Computer Graphics” ACM Transactions on Graphics, V. 1,n. 1, 1982Google Scholar
- 5.T.Whitted, “An Improved Illumination Model for Shaded Display”, Comm. ACM,V. 23,n. 6, 1980Google Scholar
- 6.J.Lane,L.Carpenter,J.Blinn, “Scanline Methods for Displaying Parametrically Defined Surfaces”, Comm.ACM, 1980Google Scholar
- 7.F.C.Crow, “Shadow Algorithms for Computer Graphics”, Computer Graphics,V. 11,n. 2, 1977Google Scholar
- 8.B.E.Rogowitz, “The final Interface:the Human Visual System”, The Spciety for Information Display,International Seminar,San Diego, 1982Google Scholar
- 9.L.Da Vinci,“Trattato della pittura”, Cod.Urbinate VaticanoGoogle Scholar
- 10.A.Polistina,“Teoria del colore e terminali raster scan”,in “Atti Aicographics ‘81”,Ed.il Rostro,1981Google Scholar
- 11.Computer Graphics,CAD,elaborazione di immagini:sistemi ed appli- cazioni“, a cura di A.Polistina, Gruppo Editoriale JacKson,1983Google Scholar