Affordable CAD But is the £ 10,000 Workstation Capable?
American architects and engineers seek “affordable” CAD--see it as the small organization’s passport to automation of design and construction.
With IBM’s entry into personal computers, CAD technology evolves in a great rush and, fortunately for all, applications software to fill thousands and thousands of these tabletop PC-CADs manages to keep up.
Presented is an update on capabilities of such FFr100∙000. workstations and how the American experience could be useful to French confrères. Listed are sources for learning more.
KeywordsArchitectural Design Hard Disk Drive Software Vendor Graphite Pencil Microcomputer Software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AIA, “Affordable CAD”, 26-page reprint of article; ask for #M691; AIA Bookstore, 1735 New York Avenue NW, Washington DC 2006, USA. About US$3.50 postpaidGoogle Scholar
- 2.AUTODESK “AutoCAD Independent Software Vendor Catalog” 40 pp, Nov 84; AUTODESK INC, 2658 Bridgeway, Sausalito CA 94965, USA. FreeGoogle Scholar
- 3.Frost & Sullivan “Small Business Computer Market in Europe” [/#E648], 450 pp, 1984; FROST & SULLIVAN LTD, 104–112 Marylebone Lane, London W1M 5FU. About US$1,950.00Google Scholar
- 4.The Software Catalog: MICROCOMPUTERS”, Winter 1985, 1200 pp 1984; Elsevier. About US$95.00Google Scholar
- 5.Hunt, Alfred J and Lynne C Nielsen “Hunt’s Directory of Microcomputer Software & Services: Civil Eng & Constr” ed, 380 pp, 1985; HUNT & ASSOC, Consulting Engineers, 2250 Morello Avenue, Pleasant Hill CA 94523, USA. About US$50.00Google Scholar