A successful computer control application depends on meeting the very varied needs of many groups. The initial aims, the design, the hardware, the software, the communications links, the commissioning and the satisfaction of the process operators have all to be met. Failure in any one area can mar the whole project. This final chapter covers the commissioning and discusses all those practical problems with which commissioning engineers are so much more familiar than design engineers. Process control systems are chosen, bought and applied by a specific global decision criteria. Figure 13.1 shows the relative weighting factors. The most preferable criteria are (1) all from one deliverer, (2) price, (3) maintenance and (4) total deliverer experience from same or similar installation (Koch and Hoffman, 1978).
KeywordsSoftware Fault Process Control System Outer Function Mean Time Between Failure Control System Functioning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baisch, R. and Hellwig, F. (1979). Industr. and Prod. Eng., 3, 95.Google Scholar
- Data General Corporation (1976). Reliability Report on the Data General Corporation Nova Line of Digital Computers. Google Scholar
- Datzkevic, Yu. G. and Meltzer, M.M. (1978). Reports to the Academy of Science of Uzbekh, SSR, 15.Google Scholar
- Gailbraith, J.K. (1977). The Age of Uncertainty. Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston.Google Scholar
- IEEE (1981). Trans, of Software Eng., 147.Google Scholar
- Jović, F. (1972). Registration of Nonstationary Poisson Process Data. Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Electrotechnics, University of Zagreb.Google Scholar
- Koch, G.R. and Hoffman, R.H. (1978). Angew. Inf. 6, 248.Google Scholar
- Matijević, P., Vranic, P. and Radic, V. (1982). Končar — Stručne Informacije, 29, 1–2, 31.Google Scholar
- Moore, C. et al. (1978). IEEE Trans, on Power Apparatus and Systems, PAS-97, 4, 1115.Google Scholar
- Puendler, K. (1977). Elektrizitaetswirtschaft, 76. Part 17, 579.Google Scholar
- Radic, Š. (1982). IV symposium on control and information in Jugoslav Electricity Board, Jugoslav Committee of the International Conference for Large Electrical Networks. CIGRE, Cavtat, 49.Google Scholar
- Vdi/Vde 3551 (1976). Recommendation for Security to Disturbances of Signal Transmission by the Installation of Process Computers.Google Scholar