The Solubility of Transition Metals, Mn and Co in Liquid Sodium
A programme studying the solubility of metals in sodium has been in progress at Harwell for a number of years. The solubility of manganese and cobalt is being investigated at present. This paper presents the status of the investigation and describes the results so far obtained.
KeywordsLiquid Sodium Triangular Point United Kingdom Introduction Manganese Nickel Manganese Sodium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. H. Newson et al - Second Int. Conf. on Liquid Metal Technology in Energy Production, Richland, Washington, April 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.R. L. Eichelberger, R. L. McKisson - AL AEC 12955, 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. Weeks, Brookhaven, Reported in Claar T.D. Reactor Tech. 13, 2, 1970.Google Scholar
- 4.J. K. Balkwill - Liquid Metal Eng. Centre. Reported in Claar T. D. Reactor Tech. 13, 2, 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.T. D. Claar - Reactor Technology, Vol. 13. No. 2, Spring 1970, pl24.Google Scholar
- 7.P. K. Lee, E. Berkey - USAEC Report ANL-7520 Part 1, p299.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Thompson - Solubility behaviour of Iron in Sodium/Oxygen solutions. AERE R 9172.Google Scholar
- 10.W. P. Stanaway, R. Thompson - Second Int. Conf. on Liquid Metal Technology in Energy Production - Richland, Washington, April 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.M. G. Barker et al - USA Paper 1979.Google Scholar
- 12.A. W. Thorley, A. C. Raine - Experimental techniques for the purification of sodium in the Alkali Metals, an Int. Symp. Nottingham. The Chemical Society (London) 1967, p374.Google Scholar
- 13.Noden, Jnl. of the Int. Nucl. Energy Soc., January 1973, Vol. 12 No. 1 p.Google Scholar