Determination of The Formation Enthalpies of Sodium Alloys of Lithium with In, Tl, Sn, Pb and Bi
The formation enthalpies in systems with lithium as the one alloy component are, at present, only known in a few cases, and in these cases they are affected with very large uncertainties (1). Doubtlessly this is due to experimental difficulties. However, the exact knowledge of the thermodynamic properties of such phases is important for the investigation of the formation conditions and the stability of these alloys. Therefore, a solution calorimeter has been constructed which is peculiarly suitable for the investi-gation of highly reactive alloys.
KeywordsLiquid Alloy Formation Enthalpy Excess Entropy Lithium Alloy Solution Enthalpy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Hultgren, R. D. Desai, D. P. Hawkins, M. Gleiser and K. K. Kelley: Selected Values of the Thermodynamic Properties of the Binary Systems, ASM, eds., Metal Park, Ohio, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Hultgren, R. D. Desai, D. P. Hawkins, M. Gleiser, K. K. Kelley and D. D. Wagman: Selected Values of the Thermodynamic Properties of the Elements, ASM, eds., Metals Park, Ohio, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Sommer: In these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 8.A. R. Miedema and P. F. de Chatel: Theory of Alloy Formation, 1979, Proceeding of a Symposium of the AIME Annual Meeting, ed. L.H. Bennet, New York, 1980, pp. 344–387.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Vogelbein, M. Ellner and B. Predel: Thermochim. Acta, 1981 (in print).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Predel and G. Oehme: Z. Metallkde., 1979, Vol. 70, pp. 450–453; pp. 618–623.Google Scholar
- 11.P. Chieux and H. Ruppersberg: J. de Physique Colloque C-8, 1980, pp. 145–152.Google Scholar
- 12.C. van der Marel, B. P. Albas, J. Hennephof, G.J.B. Vinke and W. van der Lugt: In these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 13.S. P. Yatsenko and E. A. Saltykova: Zhur. Fiz. Khim., 1975, Vol. 49, pp. 507 – 508; Elektrokhim., 1975, Vol. 11, pp. 580 – 581.Google Scholar
- 14.S. P. Yatsenko and E. A. Saltykova: Zhur. Fiz. Khim., 1975, Vol. 49, pp. 507 – 508; Elektrokhim., 1975, Vol. 11, pp. 580 – 581.Google Scholar