Third Critical Field of Superconductors with a Film on the Surface
The third critical field of a system comprising a thin superconducting film deposited on the flat surface of a massive superconductor is calculated. It is considered that the film differs from the substrate simply in respect of the mean free path of the electrons. Two limiting cases are considered: those of a thin and a thick film respectively. A qualitative explanation is given for the experimentally-observed dependence of the third critical field of a superconductor on the mechanical and heat treatment of the surface.
KeywordsFree Path Critical Field Superconducting Property Qualitative Explanation Surface Superconductivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P. R. Doidge and Kwan Sik-Hung, Phys. Lett., 12: 82 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.L. P. Gor’kov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 37: 1407 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.V. L. Ginzburg and L. D. Landau, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 20: 1064 (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.R. O. Zaitsev, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 50: 1055 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Abrikosov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 47: 720 (1964).Google Scholar