Fabrication of Si3N4 Ceramics with Additives Of Metal Nitrides by High Pressure Hot-Pressing and Hiping
High dense Si3N4 ceramic bodies with additives of nitrides such as A1N, TiN, YN, VN, NbN and ZrN were fabricated by high pressure hot-pressing and HIPing under the conditions of 0.15–3.0 GPa and 1650°C–1800°C for 1 hour. Temperature dependences of Vickers microhardness (Hv) and fracture toughness (KIC) were measured from room temperature to 1200°C. Only little change in Hv and KIC was observed in this temperature range.
KeywordsFracture Toughness Vickers Microhardness Glassy Phasis Metal NITRIDES Si3N4 Ceramic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Deely, J. M. Herbert and N. C. Moore, Powder Metall., 8, 1451–151 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Prochazka and W. A. Rocco, High Temp. High Pressures, 10, 87–95 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Yamada, M. Shimada, and M. Koizumi, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 60, 1281–83 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Tsukuma, M. Shimada, and M. Koizumi, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 60, 910–12 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Yamada, M. Shimada, and M. Koizumi, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 60, 1225–28 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Shimada, M. Koizumi, A. Tanaka, and T. Yamada, Comm. Am. Ceram. Soc., C-48 (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Shimada, N. Ogawa, M. Koizumi, F. Dachille, and R. Roy, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 58, 519–21 (1979).Google Scholar