A Morphological Study of Silicon Borides Prepared by CVD
Compounds in the silicon-boron system have been prepared by chemical vapor deposition in the form of refractory protective coatings. Morphological changes which take place as a function of substrate temperature, total pressure, reactant gas composition and carrier gas composition were investigated. Marked changes in film morphology were observed as these CVD parameters were systematically varied.
KeywordsChemical Vapor Deposition Total Flow Rate Chemical Vapor Deposition Process Graphite Substrate Ultra High Purity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Male and D. Salanoubat, Rev. Int. Hautes Temper. Refract., Fr., 18, 109–20 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.L. C. McCandless, J. C. Withers, and C. R. Brummet, U.S. Patent 3, 549, 413, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Petrushevich, L. A. Nisel’son, A. I. Belyaev, and M. A. Gurevich, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSR, Neorg. Mater., 3 1389 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.L. C. McCandless, J. C. Withers, and C. R. Brummet, U.S. Patent 3, 607,367, 1971.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Ettmayer, H. C. Horn, and K. A. Schwetz, Mikrochim. Acta, Suppl IV., 87 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.Powder Diffraction File, Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards, International Centre for Diffraction Data, Swarthmore, PA, 1982. (a) JCPDS card #13–210 from M. F. Rizzo and L. R. Bidwell, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 43, 550–52 (1960). (b) JCPDS card #14–92.Google Scholar