Gestalt Therapy with Schizophrenic Patients
Schizophrenia was first described and defined as an entity of mental disturbances by the German psychiatrist Krepelin, who used the term “dementia praecox”. Although diagnostic terms, attitudes to mental illness and treatment designs have changed considerably since then, it is still common to look for the schizophrenic process. It is still untreatability, chronicity and deterioration, which characterize this mental illness.
KeywordsSchizophrenic Patient Individual Therapy Therapeutic Effort Therapeutic Work Unpleasant Feeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bateson, G., Jackson, D.D., Haley, J. & Weakland, J., Toward a theory of schizophrenia. A.H. Buss & E. H. Buss (Eds.): Theories of schizophrenia. New York, Atherton Press, 1969.Google Scholar
- Feinsilver, D.B. & Gunderson, J.G., Psychotherapy for schizophrenics: Is it indicated? (A review of the relevant literature). J.G. Gunderson & I.R. Mosher (Eds.): Psychotherapy of schizophrenia. New York, Jason Aronson, 1975.Google Scholar
- Goldthwait, J.A., Application of a gestalt therapy based theory of psychological integration to acute schizophrenia. California School of professional psychplogy, Los Angeles. Dissertation Abstracts International, 1975, 35 (10-B), 5112.Google Scholar
- Greenwald, H., Valgterapi. Copenhagen, Munksgaard, 1976.Google Scholar
- Gunderson, J.G., & Mosher, L.R. (Eds.), Psychotherapy of Schizophrenia. New York, Jason Aronson, 1975.Google Scholar
- Haley, J., The art of being schizophrenic. J. Haley: The power tactics of Jesus Christ and other essays. New York, Avon Books, 1973.Google Scholar
- Laing, R.D., The divided self. Harmondsworth, Penguin Books, 1969.Google Scholar
- Lowen, A., Fornægtelsen af kroppen, Copenhagen, Gyldendal, 1975.Google Scholar
- Perls, F.S., 1967: Group vs. individual therapy, J.O. Stevens (Eds.) Gestalt is. Moab, Real People Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- Perls, F.S., Gestaltterapiens metode, Copenhagen, Munksgaard, 1978.Google Scholar
- Perls, F.S., Hefferline, R.F. & Goodman, P., Gestalt therapy, Harmondsworth, Penguin Books, 1977.Google Scholar