The Psychotic Patient as ‘Co-Therapist’
This paper describes sequential events in a small, slow-open, mixed weekly therapeutic group. Six psychopathic patients and two carefully selected chronic psychotics form the membership of this group, conducted in a maximum security hospital for treating mentally abnormal offenders.
KeywordsPsychotic Patient Therapeutic Group Group Matrix Reciprocal Interdependence Grievous Bodily Harm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arieti, S. (1974) Interpretation of Schizophrenia 2nd edition, London Crosby, Lockwood & StaplesGoogle Scholar
- Chekhov, A. Ward Six Google Scholar
- Cox, M. (1978) ‘Structuring the Therapeutic Process: Compromise with Chaos’ Oxford PergamonGoogle Scholar
- Laing, R.D. (1967) The Politics of Experience New York, Pantheon BooksGoogle Scholar
- Siirala, M. (1963) ‘Schizophrenia: a Human Situation’ American Journal of Psycho-Analysis, 23: 39Google Scholar