Laser Driven Implosion Experiments at Limeil
Laser driven implosion experiments performed at Limeil with the four beams emitted by our Nd glass laser system C6 in nanosecond range and at incident laser flux less than 1014 W/cm2 are related.
Absorption efficiency has been systematically studied as a function of the focusing conditions of the laser beams aid has been correlated to the symmetry of the implosion.
Time history of the implosion of solid microspheres and hollow glass shells has been correlated to the time evolution of laser power by resolving in time and space second harmonic laser light emission and X-ray emission from the targets with streak cameras.
KeywordsAbsorption Efficiency Critical Radius Critical Surface Streak Camera Collapse Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Billon, D. Cognard, J. Launspach, C. Patou and D. Schirmann, Laser driven implosion of cylindrical and spherical targets, XVIIth A.P.S. Meeting St Petersbutg, Florida, U.S.A., 1975Google Scholar
- 2.D. Billon, D. Cognard, P.A. Holstein, J. Launspach, C. Patou, D. Schirmann, M. Bernard, J.M. Reisse, Laser driven implosion of microspheres, IX International Conference Quantum Electronics, Amsterdam, 1976Google Scholar
- 3.C.A. Thomas, Appl. Optics, 14, 1267, 1975Google Scholar
- 4.G.H. MacCall, R.L. Morse, Target compression with on beam, Laser Focus, Dec. 1974Google Scholar
- 5.N.G. Basov et al., published in Laser Interaction and Related Phenomena, Vol. 3B, Plenum Press, New York, 1971, PP-553–590.Google Scholar
- 6.J.L. Bobin et J.M. Reisse, Hydrodynamique et compression d’une cible soumise à l’impact d’un faisceau laser, Rev. de Phys. Appliquee, 497, 1976Google Scholar
- 7.N. Fleurot, J.P. Gex, M. Lamy, C. Quinnessiere, R. Sauneuf, High time resolution X-ray streak camera with X-ray microscope, XII Int. Cong, on High Speed Photography, Toronto, August 1976Google Scholar
- 8.S. Jackel, B. Perry and M. Lubin, Dynamics of laser produced plasmas through time resolved observations of the 2ω 0 and 3/2ω 0 harmonic light emissions, P.R.L. 37, 96, 1976Google Scholar
- 10.N.G. Basov et al., Compression of laser irradiated hollow microspheres, Lebedev Physical Institute, Ac. Sc. Moscow, 1976Google Scholar
- 11.D.T. Atwood, L.W. Coleman, European Conf. on Laser Interaction with matter, Palaiseau, Oct. 18–22, 1976Google Scholar
- 12.R.R. Johnson, G. Charatis and F.J. Mayer, 17th A.P.S. Meeting, Nov. 1975, St Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.Google Scholar