Resting and Stimulated Chemiluminescence of Polymorphonuclear Leukocytes: A Clinical Approach
It is the aim of this paper to present our findings about the possibility of determining both the resting and the stimulated human Polymorphonuclear (PMN) Leukocyte activity by means of the Chemiluminescence (C1) tecnique for a practical clinical purpose.
KeywordsPolymorphonuclear Leukocyte Stimulation Index Phorbol Myristate Acetate Cellular Suspension Resting Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. C. Allen, Dissertation, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA. University microfilms, 74–291(1973).Google Scholar
- 2.R. C. Allen, Reduced, radical and excited state of oxygen in leukocyte microbicidal activity in: “Lysosomes in applied biology and therapeutics” p.197 J.T. Dingle and P.J. Jacques, ed. North Holland, Amsterdam (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.R. C. Allen, Chemiluminescence: an approach to the study of the humoral-phagocyte axis in the host defense against infection, in “Liquid scintillation counting, recent applications and development”; vol.2, 377, Academic Press, New Yrok (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Rossi and M. Zatti, Changes in the metabolic pattern of polymorphonuclear leukocytes during phagocytosis, British J. Exp. Pathol. 45: 548 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Rottini, P. Dri, M. R. Soranzo, P. Patriarca, Correlation between phagocytic activity and metabolic response of polymorphonuclear leukocytes toward different strains of E. Coli, Infect Imm. 11: 417 (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.G. L. Picciolo, J. W. Deming, D. A. Nibley, E. W. Chappelle, Characteristics of commercial instruments and reagents for luminescent assays, in “Methods in enzymology” vol.57, Je Luca ed., p. 550, Ac. Press, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Ferrata and E. Storti: Le malattie del sangue, p.68 and p.536 Vallardi, - Milano(l958).Google Scholar
- 13.R. L. Stjrnholm, R. C. Allen, R. M. Steele, W. W. Warring and J. A. Harris, Impaired chemiluminescence during phagocytosis of opsonized bacteria, Inf. Imm. 7: 313 (1973).Google Scholar
- 16.J. S. Tan, J. L. Anderson, C. Watanakunakorn, J. P. Phair, Neutrophil dysfunction in diabetes mellitus. J. Lab. Med. 85: 26 (1975).Google Scholar
- 17.B. F. Cullen, R. B. Hume, P. B. Chretien, Phagocytosis during General Anesthesia in man, Anesthesia and Analgesia Current Researches 54: 501 (1975).Google Scholar
- 18.A. Böyum, Isolation of Leukocytes from human blood, Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. 21 (suppl.97): 9 (1968).Google Scholar