Ion-Induced Emission From Magnetic Materials Near Phase Transition Temperature
In this review, the results of investigations are presented dealing with atomic particle emission under ion bombardment of magnetic materials, in a temperature range around the Curie point. Besides, some other processes occurring near the Curie temperature are discussed, including sublimation, oxidation and structure phase transition.
The effects of magnetic and crystallographic phase transitions of metals on the ion-induced emission have received increasing attention in recent years. First of all, such interest is stimulated by intention to understand the mechanism of atomic particle interaction in a magnetic material during its phase transition. Besides, the further development of quantitative methods of surface analysis requires more detailed information about secondary-particle emission, in a wide temperature range and, in particular, near the phase-transition point.
In this report, some results are considered in brief, concerning the temperature dependence of atomic particle emission (in various charge states), under ion bombardment of magnetic materials.
KeywordsCurie Temperature Curie Point Structure Phase Transition Heat Bath Magnetic Phase Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.E. Yurasova, V.S. Chernysh, M.V. Kuvakin and L.B. Shelyakin, Pis’ma JETP (USSR) 21 (1975) 197.Google Scholar
- 2.V.I. Bachurin, E.S. Kharlamochkin, M.V. Kuvakin and V.E. Yurasova, Proc. of 15th ICPIG vol.1 (1981) 465.Google Scholar
- 3.L.B. Shelyakin, T.P. Martynenko, A. Bischoff, V.E. Yurasova and G. Shaarschmidt, Poverkhnost, (USSR) N 6 (1983) 65.Google Scholar
- 5.N.E. Georgieva and T.P. Martynenko, Poverkhnost’ (USSR) N 11, (1986) 112.Google Scholar
- 6.M.V. Kuvakin, Thesis, Moscow State University, 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.E.E. Karpova, Thesis, Moscow State University, 1984.Google Scholar
- 10.O.B. Khandros and N.A. Bogolyubov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela. (USSR) 14 (1972) 18; Teplofiz. Vysok. Temp. (USSR) 21 (1983) 600.Google Scholar
- 14.V.D. Borman, A.N. Pivovarov and V.I. Troyan, JETF (USSR) 95 (1989) 1796.Google Scholar
- 15.V.D. Borman, A.N. Pivovarov and V.I. Troyan, Poverkhnost’ (USSR) N 6 (1989) 13.Google Scholar
- 18.O.I. Ivanenko, A.S. Mosunov and M.V. Kuvakin, Izv.AN SSSR, Ser. fiz. 57 (1990) 1274.Google Scholar
- 20.B.K. Ponomarev and V.G. Tissen, JETP (USSR) 73 (1977) 332.Google Scholar
- 22.I.N. Evdokimov and V.A. Molchanov, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser.fiz. 33 (1969) 762.Google Scholar
- 24.M.A. Vasiliev and S.D. Gorodetsky, Phys. Stat. Sol. A102 (1987) kl21.Google Scholar