Neutralization of Fast Protons in Grazing Collisions with an Al(111) Surface
The neutralization of protons scattered from an Al(111) surface under grazing incidence, is investigated for projectile energies ranging from 50 keV to 1.25 MeV. The neutral fractions strongly depend on the state of preparation of the target, and show a monotonic decrease with increasing projectile energy. The data imply that electron loss plays an important role in charge exchange during grazing ion-surface scattering.
KeywordsGrazing Incidence Resonant Tunneling Neutral Fraction Parallel Motion Projectile Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Winter and R. Zimny, in Coherence in Atomic Collision Physics, H.J. Beyer et al., eds., Plenum, New York (1988) p.283.Google Scholar
- 3.D.M. Newns, Comments Cond. Mat. Phys. 14 (1989) 295.Google Scholar
- R. Zimny and Z. Miskovic, Surf. Science, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Chateau-Thierry and A. Gladieux, in Atomic Collisions in Solids, S. Datz et al., eds. Plenum, New York (1975) p.307Google Scholar
- 11.U. Thumm, Thesis, Freiburg (1989).Google Scholar