Ore and Coal Processing with the Turbocharger Electrostatic Separator
The features of the Turbocharger pilot plant set up at the Department’s laboratories are illustrated. The separation results are presented for different operating conditions, such as nature and temperature of the target surface, rotor spinning velocity, feed rate, electrostatic field intensity, electrode geometry and position of selection splitters. The effect of particle size is also underlined. Expected improvements with apparatus development and technique refinement are also pointed out. The problems connected with the commercial application of the system are dealt with in the conclusions.
KeywordsFeed Rate Electrode Spacing Separation Result Separation Chamber Splitter Setting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Dutta, Electrostatic Separation of Potassium-Magnesium Salts from Crude Mineral Salt, Incustrial Minerals, N. 206, pp. 71–73, November 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Alfano, P. Carbini, R. Ciccu, M. Ghiani, A. Peretti and A. Zucca, La separation tribo-electrique des minerais phosphates, Industrie Minerale-Mines et Carrieres, Jan-Feb 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Carta, C. Del Fa’, R. Ciccu. L. Curreli and M. Agus, Technical and Economic Pronierns connected with one Dry Cleaning of Raw Coal and in particular with Pyre Removal by means of Electric Separation, Proc. VIIth Int. Coal Prep. Congr., pp. 33, Sydney, Australia, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Alfano, Purnini, R. Ciccu, M. Ghiani, R. Peretti and A. Zucca, Progress in Triboelec,,ric Separation of.,inerals, eroc.XVIth Int. Min. Proc. Congr., part A, pp. 833–844, Stockholm, Sweden, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Carta, R. Ciccu, C. Del Fa’, G. Ferrara, M. Ghiani and P. Massacci, Improvement in Electric Separation and Flotation by Modification of Energy Levels in Surface Layers, Proc. X!_cn Int. Min. Proc. Congr., pp. 28, London, U.K., 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Alfano, M. Carta, R. Ciccu aciU C. Del Fa’, Electric Separation of Finely Divides. Particles in Gaseous Stream or in Vacuo, Cori. Sec. IEEE Ann. Meet. pp. 955–965, Cnicago, USA, 1984.Google Scholar