Action of Juvenoids on Different Groups of Insects
Extensive research on juvenoids in the last decade has involved investigations of their effects on diverse insects. Most of these comparative studies, however, suffered from the following shortcomings: the effects observed in various species were superficially compared with those known to occur in a few well studied insects such as Pyrrhocoris and Tenebrio; results obtained in a single species were often regarded as typical for the respective order; different investigators used different compounds which made comparison of activities on different species impossible. Thus, despite the large body of information in the literature, no sound generalization on the action of juvenoids on all insects can be drawn. This situation provided a stimulus for this study.
KeywordsLarval Instar Morphological Effect Larval Diapause Pupal Diapause Pharate Adult
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jarolfm, V., Hejno, K., Sehnal, F., and Sorm, F., 1968, Life Sci. (II), 8: 831.Google Scholar
- Kontev, C.A., Zdârek, J., Slâma, K., Sehnal, F., and Romanuk, M., 1973, Acta ent. bohemoslov. 70: 377.Google Scholar
- Nemec, V., Jarolfm, V., Hejno, K., and $orm, F., 1970, Life Sci. (II), 9: 821.Google Scholar
- Novâk, V., Sehnal, F., Romanuk, M., and Streinz, L., 1976, Z. ang. Ent. 78: in press.Google Scholar
- Sehnal, F., and Schneiderman, H.A., 1973, Acta ent. bohemoslov. 70: 289.Google Scholar
- Sehnal, F., and Zd’ârek, J., 1976, J. Insect Physiol. 22: in press.Google Scholar
- Sehnal, F., Metwally, M.M., and Gelbic, I., 1976, Z. ang. Ent. 78: in press.Google Scholar
- Socha, R., 1974, Acta ent. bohemoslov. 71: 1.Google Scholar
- Yagi, S., and Fukaya, M., 1974, Appl. Ent. Zool. 9: 247.Google Scholar