Method for Determining Atmospheric Extinction
The compilation of a fundamental catalogue of star magnitudes with the aid of a modern photoelectric photometer requires careful determination of light absorption in the atmosphere. The anticipated error of photoelectric measurement of brightness is O005. Such high accuracy compels one to take into account the variation in transmittance throughout the night.
KeywordsExtinction Coefficient Color Index Interpolation Formula Crimean Astrophysical Observatory Standard Star
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. B. Nikonov, Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, Vol. 45, p. 151 (1944).Google Scholar
- 2.V. B. Nikonov, Byull. Abastum. obs., No. 14 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.V. B. Nikonov and E. K. Nikonova, Izv. KrAO, Vol. 9, p. 135 (1952).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Sharov and V. P. Arkhipova, Soobshcheniya GAESh, No. 130, p. 3 (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Shchigolev, Mathematical Processing of Observations [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 239.Google Scholar