Seasonal Variations of the Telluric Lines of Oxygen and Water Vapor in the Solar Spectrum
In , we examined some of the characteristics of the spectral bands of water vapor in the atmosphere. We used data from observations in 1958 near Moscow (Kuchinsk Astrophysical Observatory) and in the Tien Shan expedition of the P. K. Shternberg State Astronomical Institute near Alma-Ata. These observations showed, among other things, that in mountainous regions the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere varies considerably throughout the day. It was of interest to study the annual variations of the telluric lines. For this, during the summer and winter we made photoelectric recordings of the water-vapor and oxygen spectra on a spectrometer with high dispersion. Some of the results of these studies will be discussed below.
KeywordsLine Profile Solar Spectrum Equivalent Width Rotational Quantum Number Line Depth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Makarova, G. F. Sitnik, and N. I. Kozhevnikov, Soobshcheniya GAISh, No. 126 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Kozhevnikov and E. F. Rizov, SoobshcheniyaGAlSh, No. 126 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Tibilov and V. K. Prokof’ev, Izv. KrAO, Vol. 32, p. 3 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Kozhevnikov, G. F. Sitnik, M. A. Klyakotko, and G. A. Porfir’eva, Astronomicheskii vestnik (in press).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Herzberg, Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure, in: Spectra of Diatomic Molecules, Vol. 1, 2nd ed., Van Nostrand, Princeton, N. J. (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Unsöld, Physics of Stellar Atmospheres [Russian translation], IL (1949).Google Scholar
- 7.N. I. Kozhevnikov, Nauchnye doklady vysshei shkoly, No. 3 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Krat, Transactions of Conference on Star Scintillation [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.G. F. Sitnik and R. N. Khmeleva, Soobshcheniya GAISh, No. 109 (1960).Google Scholar
- 11.E. V. Pyaskovskaya-Fesenkova, Investigation of Light Scattering in the Earths Atmosphere [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR (1957).Google Scholar
- 12.N. I. Kozhevnikov, A. B. Delone, and G. F. Sitnik, Solnechnye dannye, No. 3 (1965).Google Scholar