Images of the Lunar Limb and Heterogeneity Layers in the Troposphere
In an earlier paper , we considered, among other things, the displacement of large sections of images of the solar limb and the height of the atmospheric layers that cause this phenomenon. Since the vibrations were estimated visually with the eyepiece grid, we dealt with near-maximum amplitudes. It was shown that the upper limit of atmospheric heterogeneities that were capable of causing displacement as a unit of large sections of an image of the solar limb (with a chord of about 9’) was at an altitude on the order of 100 m.
KeywordsWind Velocity Height Distribution Inversion Layer Solar Limb Heterogeneity Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Bystrova and A. N. Demidova, Izv. GAO, No. 169 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Minnaert, Proc. Sympos. on Solar Seeing (1961), p. 21.Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Bystrova and A. N. Demidova, Izv. GAO, No. 173 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Troitskii, Radiotekhnika, No. 1 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Demidova, Soln. Dannye, No. 12 (1964).Google Scholar