Decay Energies of Far Unstable Nuclei
Studies of decay energies far from stability are some of the results due to the success of several isotope separator on-line projects, which now allow the production of very unstable nuclides with sufficient intensity and purity. The experiments to be discussed here were performed at the ISOLDE facility at CERN (1), which supply sources of neutron-deficient isotopes of many elements of a quality satisfactory for most conventional types of radioactivity measurements.
KeywordsDecay Energy Unstable Nucleus Endpoint Energy Mercury Isotope ISOLDE Collaboration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The ISOLDE Collaboration (A. Kjelberg and G. Rudstam ed.) CERN Report No. 70–3 (1970)Google Scholar
- 3.HORNSHOJ, P., WILSKY, K., HANSEN, P. G., JONSON, B. and NIELSEN, 0. B., to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 4.WAPSTRA, A. H. and GOVE, N. B., Nuclear Data Tables, in press.Google Scholar
- 5.LEDERER, C. M., HOLLANDER, I. M. and PERLMAN, I., Table of isotopes, 6th ed. ( Wiley, New York, 1967 )Google Scholar
- 6.BECK, E., Proc. International Conference on the Properties of Nuclei Far from the Region of Beta Stability, Leysin August 31-September 4, 1970, CERN Report No. 70–30 p. 353Google Scholar
- 8.MYERS, W. D. and SWIATECKI, W. J., Univ. of Calif. Lawrence Radiation Lab. UCRL-11980 (1965)Google Scholar
- 9.SEEGER, P. A. and PERISKO, R. C., Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory LA-3751 (1967)Google Scholar
- 10.ZELDES, N., GRILL, A. and SIMIEVIC, A., Mat.Fys.Skr.Dan.Vid. Selsk. 2 no. 5 (1967)Google Scholar
- 12.LINDAHL, A., NIELSEN, 0. B. and RASMUSSEN, I. L., Proc. International Conference on the Properties of Nuclei Far from the Region of Beta Stability, Leysin August 31-September 4, 1970, CERN Report No. 70–30 p. 331Google Scholar