Improvements in the Determination of β-spectra End-point Energies
The subject ‘Improvements in the determination of β-spectra end-point energies’ has a broad content, covering in principle all changes in a desirable direction of the general circumstances for measurements of end-point energies. The present brief comments will be specialized to certain conditions and possibilities of relevance when the term improvement stands for an increase in absolute accuracy in an end-point energy determination. Improvements associated with e.g. the very production or isolation of the radioactive atoms will not be dealt with. By and large it will be understood that the parent atoms are available in any number but at a limited and fixed specific activity.
KeywordsNeutrino Mass Spectrum Shape Tritium Activity Uppermost Portion Bare Nucleus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.-E. Bergkvist, to be published. Preliminary reports are given in Proc. Top. Conf. Weak Inter., p. 91, CERN 1969, and in AFI Annual Report 1969, p. 135.Google Scholar
- 2.K.-E. Bergkvist, to be published. Preliminary reports are given in AFI Annual Report 1969, p. 137 and AFI Annual Report 1970, p. 126.Google Scholar
- 3.K.-E. Bergkvist, Arkiv Fysik 27, 383; 27, 439 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.M.S. Fredman, F. Wagner and D.W. Engelkemeir, Phys. Rev. 88,1155 (1952);R. Serber and H.S. Snyder, Phys. Rev. 87, 152 (1952).Google Scholar
- 9.K.-E. Bergkvist, to be published.Google Scholar