Masses of 36K, 80,82Rb from Thresholds for (p,n) Reactions and Coulomb Energy Systematics Near A=36
There is now a large amount of data on (p,n) thresholds, many of which have been determined by observing the yield of positron activity as a function of bombarding energy.(1) However none of the three (p,n) thresholds reported here had been previously measured. The 36Ar(p,n)36K threshold would allow a gap in Coulomb-displacement energy systematics to be filled and the 80,82Kr(p,n)80,82Rb thresholds would permit, in conjunction with other information, the prediction of disintegration energies for 78Rb and 82Y which are far off the stability line.
KeywordsReaction Threshold Beta Spectrum Disintegration Energy 82Kr Reaction Positron Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.TILLMAN, P. W. and JAFFE, A. A., unpublished, 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.MATLOCK, R. G., Ph.D. thesis, University of Colorado, 1965 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 7.NEWSON, H. W., PURSER, F. O., ROBERSON, N. R., BILPUCH, E. G., WALTER, R. L, and LUDWIG, E. J., Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 14, 533 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.WAPSTRA, A. H. and GOVE, N. B., Nucl. Data Tables, 9, No. 4–5 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.CERNY, J., Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 16, 530 (1971).Google Scholar
- 12.BASKIN, A. B., JOYCE, J. M., SHAFROTH, S. M., and WHITE, T. A., Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 15, 1346 (1970).Google Scholar
- 15.ARTNA, A., Nucl. Data lb, No. 4 (1966).Google Scholar
- 17.EVERLING, F., COVE, N. B., and VAN LIESHOUT, R., Nucl. Data Sheets, National Academy of Sciences National Research Council, Washington, D. C., pages NRC-61-3-142 through 149 (1961).Google Scholar
- 19.DZHELEPOV, B. S., et al., 21st Moscow Conf. Abstr. p. 51 (1971).Google Scholar