The Viscosity of Dilute Solutions of 3He in 4He at Low Temperatures
Measurements of the viscosity of dilute solutions of 3He in 4He made by different groups show little agreement. Viscosities measured by Black et al.1and later by Fisk and Hall2 are quite different from those of Webeler and Allen3 and Bertinat et al.4 Webeler and Allen and Bertinat et al. used the torsional crystal method to measure lower viscosities, those of Bertinat et al. being an order of magnitude lower at low temperatures. The reason for this discrepancy is not known.
KeywordsSurface Tension Effect Vapor Pressure Difference Parallel Plate Capacitor Semiclassical Calculation Vertical Parallel Plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D.J. Fisk and H.E. Hall, this volume.Google Scholar
- 5.H.M. Guo, Ph.D. Thesis, Ohio State Univ. 1971, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 6.F.A. Staas, K.W. Taconis, and K. Fokkens, Physics 26, 669 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Disatnik, private communication.Google Scholar
- 10.W.R. Roach, Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Illinois, 1966, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 15.D.S. Betts, D.F. Brewer, and R. Lucking, this volume.Google Scholar