Thermal Accommodation Coefficients of Helium and Nitrogen on Copper Surfaces
Free molecule flow heat transfer occurs when the predominant mechanism of molecular transport is by direct molecule-wall collisions rather than through a sequence of molecule-molecule collisions. It is generally accepted that a Knudsen number of three or more is sufficient to achieve this condition.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Rate Knudsen Number Copper Surface Total Heat Transfer Total Heat Flux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Wu, AFOSR 65–0645, AD616285 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Wu, ARL 66–0114, AD640872 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Wu, ARL 66–0104, AD 479919 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.D. E. Klett and R. K. Irey, in: Proceedings Sixth Space Congress, Vol. 1, (Mar., 1969 ), p. I.Google Scholar
- 6.D. E. Klett and R. K. Irey, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 14, Springer Science+Business Media New York (1969), p. 217.Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. Cochran, M.S. Thesis, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (1970).Google Scholar