FT-IR as a Tool for the Characterization of Industrial Materials
The characterization of industrially used materials has presented many difficulties which are not experienced in academic scientific work. A wide range of materials such as metals, semiconductors, ceramics and polymers have to be covered. These materials are brought in frequently as alloys, copolymers and mixtures. Multilayered structures and composites have become very common in advanced technology. The small amounts of additives and impurities are also important. There are also considerable limitations due to variety in sample size and shape, the scarcity in quantities and from the lack of proper information. In addition, quickness, clarity of conclusions, detection of small differences and quantitative comparisons are commonly required under the above difficult situations.
KeywordsAttenuate Total Reflection Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy Thin Polymer Film Aperture Diameter Industrial Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I.Simada, T.Takahagi, M.Fukuhara, K.Morita and A.Ishitani, submitted to J. Polym. Sci.Google Scholar
- 2.I.Shimada, H.Ishida and A.Ishitani, Report of Research Project on Bilayer Membrane by Science and Technology Agency, Japan, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.T.Ohnishi, A.Ishitani, H.Ishida, N.Yamamoto and H.Tsubomura, J. Chem. Phys.,., 1989 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A.Ishitani, H.Ishida, F.Soeda and Y.Nagasawa, Anal. Chem. a, 682 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.F.M.Mirabella, J. Polym. Sci. Poylm. Phys. Ed., 24, 2309 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.C.S.P.Sung, Macromolecules, 1981 591 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.K.Shoda, H.Ishida and A.Ishitani, Annual Meeting of Anal. Chem. Soc., Japan (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.R.Kamoto, H.Ishida and A.Ishitani, 19th Meeting of Applied Spectroscopy, Tokyo (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.S.Onnagawa, A.Ishitani and K.Nakayama, 18th Meeting of Applied Spectroscopy, Tokyo (1982).Google Scholar
- 12.S.Onnagawa and A.Ishitani, Annual Meeting of Anal. Chem. Soc., Japan (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.S.Onnagawa, H.Ishida and A.Ishitani, 42th Meeting of Anal. Chem., Japan (1981).Google Scholar