Transient Thermal Stresses in Multilayered Devices
Thermal stress in a multilayered strip is an important problem in electronics packaging and has received great attention in recent years. Thermal stress solutions to the multilayered strip problem under steady-state temperature conditions have been discussed in Chapters 1–3 of this book. This chapter focuses only on the transient behaviors of thermal stresses in multilayered devices.
KeywordsFree Edge Transient Heat Transfer Hybrid Element Thermal Transient Transient Thermal Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Kuo, A. Y., and K. L. Chen, “Thermal Stresses at the Edge of a Multilayered Composite Strip,” presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, December 1–6, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuo, A. Y., and K. L. Chen, “Transient Thermal Stress in a Multilayered Device by the Hybrid Finite Element Method,” to be submitted to Int. J. Solids and Structures. Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, Y. R., and T. W. Chou, “3-D Analysis of Transient Interlaminar Thermal Stress of Cross-Ply Composites,” ICCM-6, 1987, 4, 383–393.Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, Y. R., and T. W. Chou, “3-D Analysis of Transient Interlaminar Thermal Stress of Laminated Composites,” Symposium on Mechanics of Composite Materials, ASME AMD, 92, 1988, pp. 185–192.Google Scholar
- 16.Chen, K. L., and A. Y. Kuo, “Edge Stresses of a Multi-Layered Device under Transient Thermal Loading,” presented at ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, December, 1–6, 1991.Google Scholar
- 19.Muskhelishvili, N. I., Some Basic Problems of Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Nordhoff, Groningen, 1953.Google Scholar
- 20.Parkus, H., Thermoelasticity, Blaisdell, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- 22.Kuo, A. Y., S. S. Tang, and P. C. Riccardella, “An On-Line Fatigue Monitoring System for Power Plants: Part I—Direct Calculation of Transient Peak Stress Through Transfer Matrices and Green’s Functions,” Design and Analysis Methods for Plant Life Assessment, ed. T. V. Narayanan and S. Palusamy, ASME, 1986, pp. 25–32.Google Scholar
- 23.Pao, Y.H., K. L. Chen, and A. Y. Kuo, “A Nonlinear and Time Dependent Finite Element Analysis of Solder Joints in Surface Mounted Components under Thermal Cycling,” project final report, Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan, 1991.Google Scholar