As early as 1957, Nambu1 remarked that it was rather difficult to understand such a large radius as that observed for the isoscalar part of the nucleon form factor and suggested the possibility that there might exist a meson coupled strongly with the nucleon which has the same quantum numbers as the photon.
KeywordsForm Factor Decay Mode Vector Meson Magnetic Form Factor Nucleon Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Pickup et al., Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 6: 301 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Barlout et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 8: 326 (1962).Google Scholar
- 13.Lynch and Xuong, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 7: 281 (1962); and N.Y. Xuong UCRL-10129 (Ph.D. Thesis).Google Scholar
- 14.Guiragossian, Powell, and White, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 1: 281 (1962).Google Scholar
- 15.Schwartz, Kirt, and Tripp, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 7: 282 (1962).Google Scholar