Information from Scrotal Thermography
Those of you who have had the temerity, or perhaps inquisitive masochism would state the case more accurately, to embark on the study of fertility will appreciate that my comments in this lecture apply to one aspect only of an exceedingly complex subject as it affects the male.1 To those who have not, I hope to at least arouse your curiosity.
KeywordsRespiration Infertility Varicocele
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. F. Hendry, Male infertility. Br. J. Hosp. Med. 22: 47 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.B. L. R. A. Coolsaet, The varicocele syndrome: venography determining the optical level for surgical management, J. of Urology 124: 833 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. E. Ahlberg, O. Bartley, N. Chidekel, A. Fritjofsson, Phlebography in varicocele scroti, Acta radiologica diagnostics Stockholm 4: 517 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.E. F. Kiszka, G. T. Cowart, Treatment of varicocele by high ligation, Journal of Urology 83: 713 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Dubin, R. D. Amelar, Surgical therapy for male infertility, J. Reprod. Med. 18: 211 (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Robinson, J. Rock, Intrascrotal hyperthermia induced by scrotal insulation: report on spermatogenesis, Obst. and Gynae. 29: 217 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.H. A. Davidson, Temperature of male subfertility; testicular temperature and varicoceles, Practitioner 173: 103 (1954).Google Scholar
- 10.C. Lafaye, J. Hermabessiere, La thermographie du scrotum, Nuov. Presse Med. 5: 1826 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.R. H. Gold, R. M. Ehrlich, B. Samuels, A. Dowdy, R. T. Young, Scrotal thermography, Radiology 122: 129 9 1977 ).Google Scholar
- 13.B. D. Fornage, J. L. Valsyre, P. L. Lemaire, B. M. Lardennois, Scrotal thermography of 231 normal young adults, Acta Thermographica 5: 38 (1980).Google Scholar