In this chapter, the author has attempted to review publications during the past year in the field of diabetes mellitus that have contributed to new points of view, that constitute progress in a particular area, or that expand significantly on previously reported information. To achieve appropriate perspective, work appearing in earlier years has been cited where necessary.
KeywordsBeta Cell Insulin Response Diabetic Ketoacidosis Motor Nerve Conduction Velocity Fasting Hyperglycemia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Couropmitree, C., Freinkel, N., Nagel, T. C., Horwitz, D. L., Metzger, B., Rubenstein, A. H., and Hahnel, R., 1975, Plasma C-peptide and diagnosis of factitious hyperinsulinism. Study of an insulin-dependent diabetic patient with “spontaneous” hypoglycemia, Ann. Intern. Med. 82: 201.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Craighead, J. E., 1975b, Animal model of human disease: Diabetes mellitus (juvenile-and maturity-onset types), Amer. J. Pathol. 78: 537.Google Scholar
- Ditzel, J., and Standl, E., 1975a, The problem of tissue oxygenation in diabetes mellitus. II. Evidence of disordered oxygen release from the erythrocytes of diabetics in various conditions of metabolic control, in: Diabetic Mircoangiopathy (August Krogh Memorial Symposium, ActaMed. Scand. Supple. 578, J. Ditzel and J. E. Poulsen, eds. ), p. 59.Google Scholar
- Editorial, 1974, Autoimmune diabetes mellitus, Lancet 2: 1549.Google Scholar
- Fajans, S. S., Floyd, J. C., Jr., Taylor, C. I., and Pek, S., 1974a, Heterogeneity of insulin responses in latent diabetes, Trans. Assoc. Amer. Physicians 87: 83.Google Scholar
- Fajans, S. S., Taylor, C. I., Floyd, J. C., Jr., and Conn, J. W., 1974b, Some aspects of the natural history of diabetes mellitus, Proceedings of the 8th Congress of the International Diabetes Federation, Excerpta Medica International Congress Series No. 312, p. 329.Google Scholar
- Gandhi, V. S., and Bleicher, S. J., 1975, “Fast” hemoglobin, diabetes and pregnancy, Diabetes 24:(Supple. 2):415.Google Scholar
- Goldstein, S., Niewiarowski, S., and Singal, D. P., 1975, Pathological implications of cell aging in vitro, Fed. Amer. Soc. Exp. Biol. Proc. 34: 56.Google Scholar
- Knowles, H., 1971, Long-term juvenile diabetes treated with unmeasured diet, Trans. Assoc. Amer. Physicians 84: 95.Google Scholar
- Oakley, W. G., Pyke, D. A., Tattersall, R. B., and Watkins, P. J., 1974; Long-term diabetes. A clinical study of 92 patients after 40 years,,Qf J. Med. 43: 145.Google Scholar
- Page, M. McB., Alberti, K. G. M. M., Greenwood, R., Gumaa, K. A., Hockaday, T. D. R., Lowy, C., Nabarro, J. D. N., Pyke, D. A., Sönksen, P. H., Watkins, P.J., and West, T. E. T., 1974, Treatment of diabetic coma with continuous low-dose infusion of insulin, Br. Med. J. 2: 687.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Phelps, R. L., Bergenstal, R., Freinkel, N., Rubenstein, A. H., Metzger, B. E., and Mako, M., 1975, Carbohydrate metabolism in pregnancy: XIII. Relationships between plasma insulin and proinsulin during late pregnancy in normal and diabetic subjects, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 41: 1085.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vracko, R., and Benditt, E. P., 1974, Manifestations of diabetes mellitus—Their possible relationships to an underlying cell defect, Amer. J. Pathol. 75: 204.Google Scholar