Pharmacokinetics of Sisomicin in Patients with Renal Impairment
Serum levels and urinary excretion rates of sisomicin were measured after a single i.v. injection of 1 mg/kg body wt. in 24 patients with various degrees of impaired renal function. A good correlation was found between the elimination constants and the half-lives on the one hand and creatinine clearances, serum creatinine and blood urea levels on the other hand. The retention of sisomicin increases with decreasing renal function. On the basis of these results a dosage regimen for the sisomicin therapy in patients with renal insufficiency is suggested.
KeywordsFiltration Urea Creatinine Gentamicin Glomerulonephritis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dettli,L., Spring,P., and Ryter,S. (1971), Acta Pharmacologica 29, 3, 211.Google Scholar
- Dost,F.H. (1968), Georg Thieme Verlag Stuttgart. Foss,S.D. (1970), Biometrics 26,4, 815.Google Scholar
- ), Münchener Medizinische Wochenschrift 115, 39, 1657.Google Scholar
- Stratford,B.C., Dixson,S. and Gobkoff,A.J. (1974), The Lancet 378.Google Scholar
- Siegenthaler,W. (1973), Georg Thieme Verlag Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Waitz,J.A., Moss,E.L., Oden,E.M. and Weinstein,M.J. (1970), Journal of Antibiotics 23, 11, 559.Google Scholar