Pulsed μSR Studies on μ+ in Metals
Intense and sharply pulsed muons with 50 ns pulse width and 50 ms pulse distance are now available in our laboratory (UT-MSL) at KEK Booster Utilization Facilityl1,2. Strong backward muons with a focussing property are generated by the superconducting muon channel with 0° take-off angle from the pion production target, while surface muons can be obtained simultaneously by the parasite pion channel with 102.5° take-off angle from the same target. With the aid of multi-telescope and multi-stop TDC system, we are able to measure decay e+ time spectrum from instantaneously intense stopped μ+ with a rate of 104 μ+/pulse. Using beam pulse as a start pulse and multiple e+ as a stopping signal, one can measure μSR time spectrum. Thus, μSR time spectrum can be observed with 50 ns time resolution, so that muon spin rotation can be straightly measured for the frequency up to 10 MHz.
KeywordsTime Spectrum Critical Index Knight Shift Muon Spin Rotation Start Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.UT-MSL Newsletter No. 1 (May, 1981 ) ed. K. Nagamine and T. Yamazaki.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Kitaoka, M. Takigawa, H. Yasuoka, M. Itoh, S. Takagi, Y. Kuno, K. Nishiyama, R.S. Hayano, Y.J. Uemura, J. Imazato, H. Nakayama, K. Nagamine and T. Yamazaki, Hyperfine Interactions, in press.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Nishiyama, K. Nagamine, T. Natsui, S. Nakajima, Y. Kuno, J. Imazato, H. Nakayama and T. Yamazaki, to be published.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Terakura, private communication.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Natsui, R. Yamamoto, M. Doyama, H. Sasaki, K. Nishiyama and K. Nagamine, to be published.Google Scholar
- 9.W.B. Gauster, A.T. Fiory, K.G. Lynn, W,J, Kossler, D.M. Parkin, C.E. Stronach, W.F. Lankford, J. of Nucl. Materials 69/70, 197 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Tanigawa, private communication.Google Scholar
- 11.Y.J. Uemura, private communication.Google Scholar