Magnetism of Mn, Fe, Co Impurities in PdHx as a Function of Hydrogen Concentration; Relation with the Electronic Structure of the Host
We present experimental data concerning the magnetic ordering temperature Tc of PdHx compounds containing small amounts of magnetic impurities M (= Mn, Fe, Co). We consider the case x = 0 and the entire homogeneous β phase with 0,6. ≤ x ≤ 1. We show that the interactions are strongly reduced if one goes from the x = 0 case to the β phase. Most of the trends concerning the changes of Tc with x are explained by variation of the Fermi level conduction electrons and of the Stoner exchange enhancement factor of the host conduction electrons.
KeywordsElectron Spin Resonance Hydrogen Concentration Spin Glass Impurity Concentration Electron Spin Resonance Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Zimmerman, G. Wolf, K. Bohmhammel, Phys. St. Sol. 31 A 511, (1975)Google Scholar
- 5.G. Alquiê, R. Kreister, B. Souffaché, J.P. Burger, Jour Magn. and Magn. Materials 15, 89 (1980)Google Scholar
- 7.G. Alquig, Thesis, Paris (1977)Google Scholar
- 8.B. Coqblin, M.B. Maple, G. Toulouse, Int. J. Magnetism 1, 333 (1971)Google Scholar
- 10.J. Rault, J.P. Burger, C.R.A.S. 269, 1085 (1969)Google Scholar