Astronomy + Physics = Astrophysics
In Chapter 1 we sought to give an introduction to classical astronomy with some historical remarks. In the same spirit we now turn to the astrophysical investigation of the Sun and stars. The latter we consider in the first place as individuals. Part III will deal with the internal constitution and evolution of stars and with stellar systems, galaxies, etc.
KeywordsSolar Spectrum Stellar System Stellar Atmosphere Double Star Internal Constitution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Histories of Astronomy
- Abetti, G The history of astronomy. London: Sidgwick and Jackson 1954. Google Scholar
- Berry, A A short history of astronomy. New York: Dover 1961. Google Scholar
- King, H. C.: The history of the telescope. London: Griffin 1955.Google Scholar
- — Exploration of the universe London: Secker Warburg 1964.Google Scholar
- Pannekoek, A.: A history of astronomy. New York: Signet Science Library 1964 also London: Allen Unwin 1961.Google Scholar
- Struve, O., and V. Zebergs: Astronomy of the 20th century. New York-London: Macmillan 1962.Google Scholar