Investigation of Ionic Cyclotron Oscillations in a Plasma by Means of a Fast-Response Analyzer of the Frequency Spectrum
When a plasma is created in a magnetic bottle by injection of fast particles, the velocity — space distribution of the trapped ions is highly anisotropic . Longitudinal oscillations at the ionic cyclotron frequency and its harmonics can occur in these plasma anisotropies. The oscillations propagate almost perpendicular to the magnetic field lines, i.e., a cyclotron instability can develop [2, 3].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. F. Bogdanov et al., Nuclear Fusion, Suppl. (1962), Part 1, p. 215.Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Pistunovich, Atomnaya Energiya, 14: 72 (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Harris, Phys. Rev. Letters, Vol. 2, No. 2 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Bortnikov et al., Atomnaya Energiya, 18: 256 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Bortnikov et al., Preprint 988 of the Institute of Atomic Energy (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Kharkov, Prib. i Tekhn. Eksperim., No. 5, p. 115 (1961).Google Scholar