Cutoff Dependence in Lattice ø44 Theory
This seminar is logically the continuation of the one  I gave here three years ago. The stimulus to the present work came from recent results  on lattice ø 4 4 theory, obtained by high-temperature expansions, which seem to require to study the S−2 corrections S−9 = α = lattice constant) to the formulae of  which dealt in detail only with In S terms. We shall see that the numerical ø 4 4 results offer a test of the merely technical (!) idea of “asymptotic freedom”. This is the link between the present topic and nonabelian gauge theory.
KeywordsBoundary Term Vertex Function Feynman Graph Asymptotic Freedom Nonabelian Gauge Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Symanzik, in: “New Developments in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Mechanics”, Eds. M. Lévy, P. Mitter; New York: Plenum Press 1977, p. 265.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Brézin, J.C. Le Gouillou, J. Zinn-Justin, in: “Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena”, eds. C. Domb, M.S. Green, Vol. VI. London: Academic Press 1976Google Scholar
- 9.K. Hepp, “Théorie de la rénormalisation, Berlin: Springer 1969 W. Zimmermann, Comm. Math. Phys. 15, 208 (1969)Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Kazama, Y.-P. Yao, UM HE 79–16Google Scholar
- 15.D. Politzer, Phys. Reps. 14C, 129 (T§74).Google Scholar