Superalgebras and Confinement in Condensed Matter Physics
Part of the NATO Advanced Study Institutes Series book series (NSSB, volume 59)
This is a companion of Toulouse’s lecture at this conference and large part of the material described below is joint work of Toulouse and the author (see 1,2 and also 3).
KeywordsHomotopy Class Homotopy Theory Cholesteric Liquid Crystal Lower Central Series Smectic Liquid Crystal
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Poénaru - G. Toulouse, Topological solitons and graded Lie algebras, J. of Math. Phys. 20 (1), 13: 19 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.V. Poénaru, Lectures on elementaty topology in connection with defects and textures, in the volume “Ill condensed matter, Les Houches 1978 Summer school”, to appear.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Bouligand, B. Derrida V. Poénaru, Y. Pomeau, G. Toulouse, Distortions with double topological character, the case of cholesterics, J. de Physique, 39, 863: 867 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.G. E. Volovik - V.P. Miveev, Study of singularities in ordered systems by homotopic topology methods, Zh. Eksp. Theor. Fiz. 72, 2256 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.J.P. Serre, Lie algebras and Lie groups, Benjamin (1 965)Google Scholar
- 7.P. G. de Gennes, Theory of polymers, book to appear.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Sullivan, Differential form and the topology of manifolds, in the volume Manifolds-Tokyo 1973, 37: 49 (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Sullivan, Infinitesimal computations in topology, Publ. Math. IHES, 47, 269: 331 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.D. Sullivan, Lectures given at Orsay, 1973–74 (handwritten notes).Google Scholar
- 12.J. Milnor, A note in curvature and the fundamental group, J. of diff. Geometry, 2, 1: 7 (1968).Google Scholar
- 13.Séminaire d’Orsay, Travaux de Thurston sur les surfaces, Astérisque 66–67, 1979.Google Scholar
- 15.G. Toulouse and M. Kleman, Principles of a classification of defects in ordered media, J. Phys. Letters 37,p, 149 (1976).Google Scholar
- 16.V. Poénaru, Remarks on the punctual defects of 2-dimensional srnectics, to appear.Google Scholar
- 17.D. Merrnin, The topological theory of defects in ordered media, Rev. of Mod. Phys. 3, 591: 648 (1979).Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1980