Differential Thermal Analysis of the Y1Ba2Cu3Ox Complex
Since the investigation of the superconductivity of the Ba-Y-Cu-O system was initiated the nature of the phase relationships of the superconducting compound and the steps in the reaction mechanism that lead to this product have been of great interest. Some studies have attempted to determine aspects of the phase behavior at elevated temperature (1,2). Other experimental programs have used thermal analysis methods to study the changes in enthalpy, phase, and composition that take place when the material is synthesized (3), or subjected to thermal cycling such as annealing (4,5).
KeywordsDifferential Thermal Analysis Stoichiometric Mixture Yttrium Oxide Meissner Effect Thermal Analysis Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Steinfink, J.S. Swinnea, Z.T. Sui, H.M. Hso, and J.B. Goodenough, JACS, 109 #11 (May 1987) P 334.Google Scholar
- 2.Lay, K.W. and Renlund, G.M, submitted to Journal of the American Ceramic Society.Google Scholar
- 3.Bellosi, A.; DePortu, G.; Babini, G.N.; Matacotta, F.C.; Olzi, E. and Masini, F., Br. Ceram Proc, 40 P 205–12, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.Shelby, J.E.; Bhargava, A.; Simmins, J.; Corah, N.; McCluskey, P.; Sheckler, C. and Synder, R., Materials Letter 5, Volume 5, Number 11, 12 (1987) PP 420–424.Google Scholar
- 5.Cook, L.; Chiang, C.; Wong-NG, W. and Blendell, J., Advanced Ceramic Materials, Vol. 2, No. 3B, Special Issue, 1987 PP 656–661.Google Scholar
- 6.Murakami, M.; Morita, M.; Koyama, N.; Doi, K. and Miyamoto, K. to be published.Google Scholar