This paper presents a design process which enables a designer with limited computer background to accomplish PC board design interactively with CAD system. The primary process adopted in our system is the result of a close examination of what will be done by experienced artwork operator, who has received intensive training in layout and taping, with the very powerful computer aid tool in ratsnet checking and autoroute. This primary process includes physical creation, net list editing, initial placement, ratsnet checking, signal routing and editing line function. It has shortened the task-cycle time at Telecommunication Laboratories, even in early stage of application in PC board design. The performance of the system is satisfactory, and we are now in the process of upgrading from the primary process to an advanced process.
KeywordsPrimary Process Initial Placement Library Part Signal Interconnection Telecommunication Laboratory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. R. J. White, EMI Control in the Design of Printed Circuit Boards and Backplanes, Don White Consultants, Inc., pp. 3. 6–3. 17, 1981.Google Scholar
- Ing. Francesco Palazzi, PC/ES Applications in a Factor of the Ansaldo Group, European Computervision User Conference, Computervision Design System ( H.K.) Ltd., Hong Kong, 1982.Google Scholar
- W. Macleod, CV/Redac Printed Circuit Board Interfacing, Fifth Annual International Computervision User Conference, Computervision Corp., Bedford, MA, 1984.Google Scholar
- Wilson, Autoplacement at GTE, PC/ES International Computervision User Conference, Computervision Corp., Bedford, MA, 1983.Google Scholar
- P. Lund, Generation of Precision Artwork for Printed Circuit Board, John Wiley & Sons, New York, p. 290, pp. 305–315, 1978.Google Scholar
- T. I. Ristine, PC Board Design and Documentation, Computervision Corp., Bedford, MA, 1980.Google Scholar
- News, Digital Television Lightware System Will Bring Olympic Broadcasts to the World, Bell Laboratories Record, Sept. 1983.Google Scholar
- M. Servit, Multilayer Interconnection Problem Complexity, CAD 82 Conference, Brighton, UK, 1982.Google Scholar
- K. Dables, Manager’s Seminar, Computervision Corp., Bedford, MA, 1980.Google Scholar