Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 115)
Transport of Protein and Lipid into the Arterial Wall
KeywordsEvans Blue White Area Subendothelial Space Intimal Surface Transmural Gradient
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bratzler, R.L., Chisolm, G.M., Colton, C.K., Smith, K.A., and Lees, R.S.: The distribution of labeled low-density lipoproteins across the rabbit thoracic aorta in vivo. Atherosclerosis. In press.Google Scholar
- 3.Bratzler, R.L., Chisolm, G.M., Colton, C.K., Smith, K.A.: Theoretical models for transport of low-density lipoproteins in the arterial wall. Atherosclerosis: Metabolic, Morphologic and Clinical Aspects. G.W. Manning and M. Daria Haust, Eds., Plenum Press, 943–951, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Gimbroni, M.A., Jr.: Culture of Vascular Endothelium and Atherosclerosis.In: Intl] Cell Biology, (B.R. Brinkley and K.R. Porter, Eds.) Rockefeller U. Press, 649–658, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Cornforth, J.W., Hunter, G.D., Popjack, G.: The biosynthesis of cholesterol from acetate. Arch. of Biochem. & Biophys. 42: 2, 1953.Google Scholar
- 7.Keatinge, W.R.: Mechanical response of arteries to stimulation of sympathetic nerves. J. Physiol. (London) 185: 701–705, 1966.Google Scholar
- 8.Fry, D.L.: Atherogenesis: Initiating Factors, CIBA Symposium, New Series, No. 12., Associated Scientifc Publishers, Amsterdam, 1973.Google Scholar
- 13.Schwartz, C.J. and Gerrity, R.G.: Arterial endothelial structure and function with particular reference to permeability. Atherosc. Rev. (A.M. Grotto, Ed.) Raven Press, N.Y., 1978.Google Scholar
- 15.Gerrity, R.G., Richardson, M., Somer, J.B., Bell, F.P., Schwartz, C.J.: Endothelial cell morphology in areas of in vivo Evans blue uptake in the aorta of young pigs. II. Ultrastructure of the intima in areas of differing permeability to proteins. Am. J. Pathol., 89: 313–334, 1977.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 16.Ross, R.: Platelet mitogenic factor. The Smooth Muscle of the Artery. Wolf, S., Werthessen, N. (Eds. ) 1975.Google Scholar
- 17.Caro, C.G.: Transport of material between blood and wall in arteries. Atherogenesis: Initiating Factors. Ciba Foundation Symposium 12 (New Series) pp. 127–164, Associated Scientific Publishers, Amsterdam, 1973.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1979