On the Phase Diagram of Bismuth Based Superconductors
μSR has proven an ideal tool to probe magnetic ordering, thanks to the fact that muons can be implanted in virtually any compound and that they can most often be considered passive probes of the intrinsic behaviour of their hosts. In the study which we present here we have addressed the issue of characterizing the basic magnetic properties of the 2-2-1-2 materials of the family of the Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8 superconductor. The primary aim of this work is to ascertain the analogies between this and the other generations of high Tc materials (in particular La2-xSrxCuO4 and YBa2Cu3O7-y).
KeywordsSpontaneous Magnetisation Muon Spin Copper Plane Tetravalent Cation Muon Site
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. De Renzi, et al. - Proc. Symp. on Electronic Properties of High Tc Superconductors, ed. A. Bianconi, Pergamon, Oxford (1989), p. 141.Google Scholar
- R. De Renzi- to appear on Physica C.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Calestani. - Physica C, in press.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Paracchini. - submitted to Physica C.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Schenck. private communication.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Rossat-Mignod, this workshopGoogle Scholar
- 12.E. Rastelli and A. Tassi, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 13.G. Shirane, this workshopGoogle Scholar